Saturday, September 27, 2014

The. Winter. Soldier.

I got to watch Captain America: The Winter Soldier today. 
Oh.  My.  GOSH.  I am so excited!!

It's an amazing movie, I really wanna spill ALL the details, but I know I shouldn't.  You need to just witness the awesome-ness, and witness it with spoiler-free eyes. 
[Goodness, I'm such a dork..]  Anyway, it was pretty great.   Tangled Fan let me leave the table so I could watch it in peace, minus the constant teasing of the others.  Surprisingly enough, Fitz wanted to watch the movie, too.  I didn't peg him to be the nerdy sort, but maybe it was just because it's a superhero movie.  Regardless, it was kind of nice to have some company, but it meant that I couldn't cry over any emotional scenes...for the sake of keeping my emotions masked around others. 
Anyway, as soon as I got back, Ariel had a ton of teasing in store for me.  I'm not even including any dialogue, you all don't need to read through it.  It's worthless and petty, anyway.  Belle tried to get her to stop, but she wouldn't - big surprise there. 
When she made a particularly weak joke at my expense, I'd had about enough. 
"Is that all you can muster today, Ariel?  Must be an off day..." I said, not even looking up from the book I was reading (Messenger by Lois Lowry.) 
Next thing I know, she's yanked the book from my hands.  "What did you say, nerd?" 
I was dumb enough to repeat myself.  I knew it was a really bad idea, but I don't know why I repeated it.  I guess maybe I wanted to try and give her a taste of her own medicine.  I stood up, and when I had told her, she gaped at me before reaching to slap me.  My head whipped to the side with the force of her hit, and she looked smug when my eyes teared, simply from my smarting cheek.  I ducked my head, refusing to look back at her until the tears had passed. 
I slowly turned back to look at her, but she was gone, her point made.  Instead, Belle and Fitz were hovering nearby, looking concerned. 
"Are you okay?"  Fitz asked. 
I nodded.  "It was my fault anyhow, I shouldn't have mouthed off to her." 
Belle shook her head.  "She needn't treat you that way, regardless." 
I shrugged.  "Well, that's how she is, so it'll probably never change." 
Belle nodded, leaving to do other things.  Fitz hung back a few minutes, shifting back and forth awkwardly.  I wasn't sure what to do, so  I just sat down where I was, picking up my book carefully again. 
"You're, um...you're really into that book, aren't you?"  Fitz asked. 
I nodded.  "It's a good book." 
"Could I read it when you're done?" 
"Sure," I said, surprised.  I hadn't taken him to be a book fan, either.  Plus, I found it weird that someone was asking me permission to do something.  "You don't have to ask me!"

3 comments:

  1. I AM FURIOUS!!! ARIEL HAS NO RIGHT TO DO THAT TO YOU!!! D:< Ya know, she's doing that because she is jealous. She teased you and she thinks she can't go back and watch The Winter Soldier and read or else her whole reputation will be ruined. That's the reason. Yup. D:<

    Just remember you are awesome and she is also jealous of your good looks and awesomeness.

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pfffft you know, I never thought about that. Her life must be pretty boring, if she thinks she can't read or watch movies or anything just because of her reputation. Maybe it's a FAKE reputation: maybe we've got a closet-reader on our hands. :P 'Cause a fake reputation is all a man has! (Or woman. Or doll...) Haha!
      --Z

      Delete
    2. Yeah. Ask Tangled Fan if she has seen The winter Soldier mysteriously playing when she didn't turn it on. xD

      -Anna

      Delete